You have one life... Live it well...
FAREWELL RUBBLEPILESep 20, 08:18 PM by Fairlane57
Two days ago, one of our favorite admins, RubblePile announced he was leaving our HCSMP family. He sited real life pressures and his long tenure as an admin. RubblePile has been a mainstay of the admin staff for several years and has worked tirelessly to keep the server running and make game play exciting. More importantly he has been a friend to players and staff alike, offering help where needed, advice when asked and the occasional tip to enhance the game experience. We will sorely miss our friend RubblePile and wish him good fortune and much success in the future.
October Spawn ContestSep 09, 01:21 PM by Fairlane57
The October map reset is upon us and time for another contest to see who can make the most epic spawn for our next map!! Use the guidelines below to layout your build.
If you'd like to enter, post either a download of the world edit schematic or the world save in this thread accompanied by some images of the spawn. The deadline for submission is 0001 (midnight) UTC, September 25th. We will hold a community vote and the build with the most votes will be our spawn for the October map. Prizes are two free lives to the winner and one free life to the runner up! (If a team of builders wins then only one of the team may redeem the life.)
- The spawn area is 200 X 200 so your spawn shouldn't be bigger than this. Most spawns don't get anywhere near this big though.
- Try and give your spawn exits in each of the 4 directions and don't give a bias to one particular direction.
- There should be a portal (or portals) somewhere within the spawn.
- Leave space for the admins to add signs with the rules in a place visible immediately from the spawn point.
- Don't use excessive redstone.
- Don't have any "cheaty" blocks like anvils or enchanting tables in your build. Crafting tables are fine.
- Build whatever you like but remember that admins reserve the right to make any changes they deem necessary to your spawn build.
- You may build in game or in single player using creative or survival. Weight is given to builds accomplished in survival. If you build in game notify an admin and we will make a copy of your build.
- If your spawn doesn't win this time you're welcome to enter it in the next map's competition. We reserve the right to use any of the spawns submitted at a future date.
The end world has been reset.Jul 06, 08:12 AM by ocelotpotpie
We noticed this evening that the end had generated the structures incorrectly, so I spent a few hours tonight and re-generated the world and swapped it out. I verified that no one had been logged out in the end and no bases had been built.
The dragon is still dead and the gateway is still there, but otherwise the end is back to the way it was on day 1.
Sorry for any trouble this caused. We try to check these things on map resets but there are so many things to do in such a short time that this was overlooked.
As always, if you have any questions, ask away.
And the Winner for the July Spawn Contest is . . .Jun 28, 02:20 PM by Fairlane57
MEDORIA!!! Congratulations! You will receive 2 free revives for the next map.
OSSBOURNE is the runner up and will receive 1 free revive for the next map.
Congratulations to you both and thank you to all who participated.
Your Admin Team
UPDATE Voting has begun for the July Spawn ContestJun 27, 06:08 AM by Fairlane57
This is an update to the voting for the July Spawn Contest due to some late entries.
Please cast your vote for your favorite spawn build. Voting ends at midnight (23:59) on June 27th. Here are links to pics of the each build.
Entry by daislost: http://imgur.com/a/BBFeb
Entry by TheT_007: http://imgur.com/a/MwW7o
Entry by Ossbourne: http://imgur.com/a/GWF3a
Entry by Medoria (late entry): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6D0Jg9xsmmtaHFzelpUYjR4Wms&usp=drive_web
Entry by SwordMeow (late entry): http://imgur.com/a/Bql6J
Post your ballot here, by leaving a comment with your choice to win.
Thanks, Your admin team