You have one life... Live it well...
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!Dec 24, 06:52 PM by hawtre
Hi everyone, just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Here's to a good New Year!
2016 TREASURE HUNTDec 11, 09:48 PM by Fairlane57
TREASURE HUNT! TREASURE HUNT! TREASURE HUNT!
Today we begin a new map wide treasure hunt! The hunt starts at spawn with clues distributed over the entire map. From spawn you will find a clue that will lead you to the next clue and that clue will lead you to the next and so on. The quest is perilous and will test your skills, but the prize is worth it, not to mention the bragging rights. Each player who successfully completes the hunt will receive the prize. The first to finish will receive additional loot and acclaim on the hcsmp.com website. The official rules are posted below. Abbreviated rules are also posted at spawn. Good Luck! Have fun!
This is a map wide treasure hunt. Clues are distributed over the entire map and are in sequential order, so one clue leads to the next and so on. The hunt starts a spawn. Follow the clues until you find the hidden treasure. Throughout the map there will be signs that point you in the general direction of each clue. There are 9 primary clue books and the treasure book. These books are in special dispensers at hidden locations throughout the land. Each location will dispense a book with a cryptic clue that you must decipher. You must keep these books in your inventory. While it is possible to stumble upon a clue out of sequence you must have all 10 books in your inventory to win.
You may not copy, share or give your books to other players.
Players and non-players may not hide, damage or obscure clues or the area around them.
You may not tell other players where the clues are (an exception is if you are hunting as a team)
Players and non-players may not place decoy or misleading signs.
Players who complete the treasure hunt will receive 2 elytra with mending, 6 mending books and 10 god apples.
And the October Spawn Contest Winner is . . .Sep 25, 06:33 PM by Fairlane57
MEDORIA!!! Congratulations! You will receive 2 free revives for the next map.
FAREWELL RUBBLEPILESep 20, 08:18 PM by Fairlane57
Two days ago, one of our favorite admins, RubblePile announced he was leaving our HCSMP family. He sited real life pressures and his long tenure as an admin. RubblePile has been a mainstay of the admin staff for several years and has worked tirelessly to keep the server running and make game play exciting. More importantly he has been a friend to players and staff alike, offering help where needed, advice when asked and the occasional tip to enhance the game experience. We will sorely miss our friend RubblePile and wish him good fortune and much success in the future.
October Spawn ContestSep 09, 01:21 PM by Fairlane57
The October map reset is upon us and time for another contest to see who can make the most epic spawn for our next map!! Use the guidelines below to layout your build.
If you'd like to enter, post either a download of the world edit schematic or the world save in this thread accompanied by some images of the spawn. The deadline for submission is 0001 (midnight) UTC, September 25th. We will hold a community vote and the build with the most votes will be our spawn for the October map. Prizes are two free lives to the winner and one free life to the runner up! (If a team of builders wins then only one of the team may redeem the life.)
- The spawn area is 200 X 200 so your spawn shouldn't be bigger than this. Most spawns don't get anywhere near this big though.
- Try and give your spawn exits in each of the 4 directions and don't give a bias to one particular direction.
- There should be a portal (or portals) somewhere within the spawn.
- Leave space for the admins to add signs with the rules in a place visible immediately from the spawn point.
- Don't use excessive redstone.
- Don't have any "cheaty" blocks like anvils or enchanting tables in your build. Crafting tables are fine.
- Build whatever you like but remember that admins reserve the right to make any changes they deem necessary to your spawn build.
- You may build in game or in single player using creative or survival. Weight is given to builds accomplished in survival. If you build in game notify an admin and we will make a copy of your build.
- If your spawn doesn't win this time you're welcome to enter it in the next map's competition. We reserve the right to use any of the spawns submitted at a future date.